Cat 324EL Long Reach Hydraulic Excavator
The Caterpillar 324DL Long Reach Excavator is a powerful, long-reaching excavator designed for times when a shorter boom just won’t cut it. Similar to the traditional 324DL, the Long Reach Excavator offers a 33.6 foot Super Long Reach Boom, that provides an extra 16.1 feet of reach. The C7 engine with ACERT technology is powerful and efficient and the Cat 324DL features and easy to operate control panel. Bihm Equipment Company is equipped to deliver the Cat 324DL Excavator anywhere in the USA. Whether you are looking to buy or lease, Bihm has new & used heavy equipment to meet any need.
C7 with ACERT™ Technology
ACERT™ Technology works at the point of combustion to optimize engine performance and provide low exhaust emissions to meet U.S. EPA Tier 3 emission regulations, with exceptional performance capabilities and proven reliability.
The hydraulic system has been designed to provide reliability and outstanding controllability. An optional Tool Control System provides enhanced
Provides maximum space, wider visibility and easy access to switches. The monitor is a full-color graphical display that allows the operator to understand the machine information easily. Overall, the new cab provides a comfortable environment for the operator.
Caterpillar offers a wide variety of factory-installed attachments that enhance performance and job site management.
Service and Maintenance
Fast, easy service has been designed in with extended service intervals, advanced filtration, convenient filter access and user-friendly electronic diagnostics for increased productivity and reduced maintenance costs.
Caterpillar® design and manufacturing techniques assure outstanding durability and service life from these important components.
Booms, Sticks and Bucket Linkages
Three lengths of booms and five sticks are available, offering a range of configurations suitable for a wide variety of application conditions. The bucket linkage pins have been enlarged to improve reliability and durability. All Booms and Sticks are stress relieved. This configuration offers reaches to over 8.3 m (60 feet).
It is well suited for ditch cleaning applications.
- Operating Weight 24 790 kg 54,660 lb
- Engine Model Cat®
- C7 with ACERT™ Technology
- Net Flywheel Power 140 kW 188 hp
- Net Power – ISO 9249 140 kW 188 hp
- Net Power – SAE J1349 139 kW 186 hp
- Net Power – EEC 80/1269 140 kW 188 hp
- Bore 110 mm 4.33 in
- Stroke 127 mm 5 in
- Displacement 7.2 L 439.4 in
- Swing Speed 9.6 rpm
- Swing Torque 73.4 kN·m 54,137 lb ft
- Main Implement System – 220 L/min 58 gal/min – Maximum Flow (2x)
- Max. pressure – Equipment 35 000 kPa 5,076 psi
- Max. pressure – 36 000 kPa 5,221 psi – Equipment – Heavy
- Max. pressure – Travel 35 000 kPa 5,076 psi
- Max. pressure – Swing 24 500 kPa 3,553 psi
- Pilot System – Maximum flow 32.4 L/min 9 gal/min
- Pilot System – 3900 kPa 566 psi – Maximum pressure
- Boom Cylinder – Bore 135 mm 5.3 in
- Boom Cylinder – Stroke 1305 mm 51.4 in
- Stick Cylinder – Bore 140 mm 5.5 in
- Stick Cylinder – Stroke 1660 mm 65.4 in
- B1 Family Bucket Cylinder – Bore 120 mm 4.7 in
- B1 Family Bucket Cylinder – Stroke 1104 mm 43.5 in
- CB1 Family Bucket Cylinder – Bore 130 mm 5.1 in
- CB1 Family Bucket Cylinder – Stroke 1156 mm 45.5 in
- DB Family Bucket Cylinder – Bore 150 mm 5.9 in
- DB Family Bucket Cylinder – Stroke 1151 mm 45.3 in
- Maximum Drawbar Pull 227 kN 51,032 lb
- Maximum Travel Speed 5.4 km/h 3.4 mph